Koer chords/tabs

Värsked tabulatuurid, meeldib - ei meeldi kitarrist, palade kommentaarid
Dion

Koer chords/tabs

Post by Dion »

Hi there... I had some spare time so I decided to try my hand at finding out the chords for 2 Koer songs. I found one of them on the forum already, but I'll post mine anyway. Hope this is any good to anyone. I'm sorry I have to do this in English, but I'm Dutch and I don't speak a word of Estonian. For that matter, I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me what the hell Vaiko and Jaan singing :? Here goes:

VÄIKESTE LINNADE MEHED

Intro: C C F F

C C F F
väikeste linnade mehed on lollakad
C C F F (and so on for the verses)
lakuvad viina ei kasvata kanepit
joove kui peas on siis mõni neist naljatab
oh oleks ma koolis käinud õppinud ametit

Dm Em F G C
väikeste linnade mehed on… lollakad

C C F F (etc)
väikeste linnade naised on lollakad
vahivad seepi neil nutt tuleb peale
peksavad keelt makaronidest kollakat
oh poleks ma läinud sellele seale ...

Dm Em F G C
väikeste linnade naised on… lollakad

(Then Vaiko goes berserk over Dm Dm G G)

C C F F (etc)
väikeste linnade lapsed on lollakad
kool vahetundidel täis on nende kära
siin on tore saab joosta ja hullata
kui suureks kasvan ei lähe siit ära ...

Outro: Dm Em F G C C (repeat)

PS: I know the lyric isn’t one hundred percent correct, it’s not sung exactly like in the booklet but I’d better not take a guess as to the spelling of the altered bits because I don’t know a single word of Estonian.

TE OLETE VÄRDJAD

Intro:
E --------2--0-
B --------2--2-
G -----2------- repeat
D--------------
A ---0---------
E --------------

A B7 D A G F E
kui pühapäev on lõppemas ja algab esmaspäev
A B7
piirab hallus sind bussiaknast
D A
tahaks hüüda kõigest väest

B7
te olete värdjad
D
te olete värdjad
A
te olete värdjad
B7
te olete värdjad
D
te olete ...

siis kui teed taas sind ründamas
ennast linna peale sead
kõikjal lõustad ringi kondavad
kahe käega haarad peast ja hüüad

te olete värdjad
te olete värdjad
te olete värdjad
te olete värdjad
te olete oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi aargh!

PS: I know the lyric isn’t one hundred percent correct, it’s not sung exactly like in the booklet but I’d better not take a guess as to the spelling of the altered bits because I don’t know a single word of Estonian.
Ritso

Post by Ritso »

ets wrote:and how do you know those songs ?
if no-one won't translate, i'll do it myself. I don't have time for this at the moment

(ma pakkun, et kitarrilaager)
Faded
Moderaator

Re: Koer chords/tabs

Post by Faded »

Dion wrote:Hi there... I had some spare time so I decided to try my hand at finding out the chords for 2 Koer songs. I found one of them on the forum already, but I'll post mine anyway. Hope this is any good to anyone. I'm sorry I have to do this in English, but I'm Dutch and I don't speak a word of Estonian. For that matter, I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me what the hell Vaiko and Jaan singing :?

Welkom aan het forum.

I'll try and translate the lyrics into English for you.

THE MEN FROM LITTLE TOWNS (VÄIKESTE LINNADE MEHED)

The men from little towns are stupid
The drink vodka, they don't grow hemp
Some of them joke when they're drunk
Oh I wish I had learnt a trade back in school

The men from little towns are stupid

The women from little towns are stupid
They watch soap operas and sob
The gossip, their tongues yellow from pasta
Oh I wish I hadn't married that swine

The women from little towns are stupid

The kids from little towns are stupid
Between classes the school is full of their noise
It's nice here, you can run and fool around
When I grow up I'm not going to leave this place

YOU'RE ALL FREAKS (TE OLETE VÄRDJAD)

When Sunday is ending and Monday starts
Greyness is attacking you from the bus window
You'd like to shout out

You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're all...

When the streets are attacking you again
You go out to town
Ugly mugs walking around everywhere
You grab your head and shout

You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're all freaks
You're...

Yeah, they don't rhyme, but you get the general idea.
It's a well-known fact that 100% of people who sell their Telecasters, die.
Dion

Post by Dion »

Wow, thanks for the response and the translations - I never could have dreamed that that's what Vaiko is singing. At least now I know what I'm trying to sing. And yes indeed, I try to sing in Estonian. I try to sing in Russian too and despite the fact that it doesn't sound anything like Estonian or Russian, I find Estonian easier because it's written in a familiar alphabet. I can read Cyrillic quite well, but I know too little Russian to make it work. I know some of the sounds of Estonian that are unfamiliar to Dutch because I inquired after them when I was in Tallinn two weeks ago. Might I add by the way that I have been to Estonia three times and I love the place, I'd move there in a second if I could. Tallinn is great, and Viljandi too. Haven't seen much of the rest yet apart from 5 minutes in Pärnu. Cool by the way that you welcome me in Dutch, though (I love languages so I have to nag) we would say "Welkom OP het forum" (even though it's not logical). Mind you, "Welkom AAN het forum" might well be what Belgians would say.

How do I know the songs? Well, it's kind of predicatable actually. Ruffus competed in the Eurovision Songfestival in 2003, I loved the song and decided to check them out by downloading some music, and got to love Claire's Birthday very much, it might actually be my favourite band ever despite the fact that I have a huge collection of CDs. So the first time I was in Tallinn, I bought the three Claire's Birthday albums and two weeks ago I bought the Koer album (which I already knew through the Internet once again) and the Vaiko Eplik ja Eliit 1 album, which I have yet to listen to. It's as easy as this: I love Vaiko's music and his voice. By the way, are familiar with Lasering.ee, the music shop on Narva mnt in Tallinn? I hope none of you turns out to be the guy working there, but that guy really needs to learn to be nice to his customers. I've been there twice in over two years, and both times the same guy greeted me with a firm lack of enthusiasm and an even greater distrust when any Vaiko-related question popped up.

By the way, what does Maiu On Piimaauto mean? :? Needless to say, it's the only song for which I don't need a lyric sheet to sing it. Anyway, I've bored you enough for now!
Karl_Punk

Post by Karl_Punk »

Actually some 20-25 years ago we had this trucks bringing us milk, and those cars were called allso Maiu. So it might be about milktruck :)

ets wrote:Maiu on piimaauto means "Maiu is a milktruck" Maiu is an estonian girl name
AXYB

Post by AXYB »

Kusjuures, mõnes mõttes hea, et ta eesti keelt ei oska, sest koer on minumeelest üks ropumaid bände eestis. :D
Oh, issand jumal küll mis teksti ma siin aastad tagasi küll ajanud olen. :D
Dion

Post by Dion »

ets wrote:No, it's quite interesting, to see some Dutch boy (or a girl) on our forum. Maiu on piimaauto means "Maiu is a milktruck" Maiu is an estonian girl name

Boy, actually, 23 years old (should you care, I actually celebrated my 23rd birthday in Tallinn recently). I'm losing you guys with the Estonian there, unfortunately :(
Dion

Post by Dion »

ets wrote:axyb just said, that it's good you don't understand estonian, because Koer's lyrics are pretty vulgarious (?). I said, that there are many underground punkbands, which lyrics containst 90% vulgarity

Thanks for translating! 'Vulgar' is the word you are looking for. Well, for my standards of vulgarity, the two lyrics the moderator translated for me are not that bad at all. I love Koer anyway, and Claire's Birthday's lyrics were questionable from time to time anyway, so I kind of know what to expect. I actually tried to translate the Estonian messages with an online dictionary and I kind of got the point of what axyb was saying. So beware, you're not as safe from me as you may think you are!:wink: I've been listening to most of the Vaiko Eplik ja Eliit album, by the way. Can I just say that the two electronica-inspired tracks that are in succession on the CD are my worst nightmare come true? Why oh why does everyone feel to need to experiment with electronica... it's unlistenable! Your opinion, by the way, on Mr Lawrence... is it worth checking out for me?
Faded
Moderaator

Post by Faded »

Dion wrote:Cool by the way that you welcome me in Dutch, though (I love languages so I have to nag) we would say "Welkom OP het forum" (even though it's not logical). Mind you, "Welkom AAN het forum" might well be what Belgians would say.

Heh, I'm not even going to pretend I speak Dutch. I just know a couple of Dutchmen on another forum and I've picked up a few phrases from them. Like "Ik ben een vliegtuig" ;)

As for vulgarity, Koer cannot afford too much of it if they want to sell their records. Which they do. Like ets said, there are many punk bands whose lyrics are much worse.
It's a well-known fact that 100% of people who sell their Telecasters, die.
Dion

Post by Dion »

Faded wrote:Heh, I'm not even going to pretend I speak Dutch. I just know a couple of Dutchmen on another forum and I've picked up a few phrases from them. Like "Ik ben een vliegtuig" ;)

You're an airplane? Really? :lol: